SPTN Observer Casual Position (4)
This is a non-unionized position
SPTN Service Manager
Supervised Parenting Time Niagara
$16.61 per hour
The Observer provides parents with an opportunity to maintain or re-establish a relationship with their child (children). The Observer will supervise all parent/child interaction, take factual observation notes and intervene conversation/ behavior when necessary. The observer will provide a safe, neutral, child-focused environment for evening and weekend appointments of supervised parenting time / exchanges.
- Post-secondary diploma in a human services field (e.g. Social Service Worker), a legal/ law enforcement field, or an equivalent combination of formal education, training and expertise;
- The ability to function effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment dealing with high conflict families, separation/ divorce and parenting time issues;
- Knowledge of Family Law, Child and Family Services Act, Domestic Violence and the impact on families;
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, organizational, written and oral communication skills;
- Training in conflict resolution;
- Bilingual in (French and English) is an asset;
- Experience working with the Indigenous population is an asset;
- A current Vulnerable Sector Police Records Check within the last six (6) months;
- Proof of valid Emergency First Aid CPR C +AED course.
- In writing to HR@pathstone.ca with “2023-02 SPTN Observer” in the subject line;
- Interviews will be scheduled as soon as possible after closing date;
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted;
- Posting will remain active until positions have been filled.