The successful candidate will be working with child/youth who meet the Ministry definition of Complex Special Needs. The service is community based and as such services are offered in homes, in community and in office. The therapist is primarily responsible for clinical intervention with identified clients/parents, caregivers, guardians and siblings. MITT takes a ecological/systems approach to working with families. Other duties can/may include parent training, and facilitation of groups. Collaboration is an integral part of the work in the service including collaboration with children/youth, parents/caregivers/guardians, as well as, community partners with each case. Flex time for after-hours appointments is available. The Therapist works a 35 hour work week that is self-managed and flexible to best suit the needs of clients.
- S.W., M.A.
- Registered with a regulatory body OCSWSSW, CRPO
- 2 years clinical experience;
- Experience working with children/youth who meet the Ministry definition of Complex Special Needs
- Experience with development/implementation/evaluation of clinical intervention plans
- Experience and/ or training in evidence-based therapeutic interventions in assessments, individual, family, and group therapy and brief solution focused treatment;
- Familiarity with offering services via virtual platforms (i.e. email, text, online counselling) would be considered an asset;
- If direct virtual supports are unfamiliar then an understanding of the various forms of virtual care, as well as an understanding of clinical and privacy responsibilities would be an asset;
- Experience working with the Indigenous population is an asset;
- Good communication and organizational skills;
- A current Vulnerable Sector Police Records Check within the last six (6) months;
- Bilingualism in (French / English) is preferred;
- Valid driver’s license, able to supply own vehicle, and be insurable to drive in Ontario
- Job description is attached
- In writing to HR@Pathstone.ca with “SW/RT2 – MITT” in the subject line.
- Interviews will be scheduled as soon as possible after closing date
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
- Posting will remain active until position is filled