This position entails providing evidence based/evidence informed treatment interventions in a group and individual capacity. You would be co-facilitating our anxiety clinics for children and youth as well as our Collaborative Problem-Solving clinics for parents/guardians/caregivers. As part of the clinics there is follow up that is provided once the clinic has ended and follow up is often provided on an individual basis with the client/family. Based on demand and trends, you might also be part of clinic development.
- Y. W.; B.A.; Psychology, S.S.W. or equivalent;
- 3 – 5 years of experience counselling children, youth and families in community and agency setting;
- Experience developing and facilitating therapeutic groups;
- Experience in complex mental health issues in outreach or crisis situations;
- Experience providing multidisciplinary services in internal and external service delivery teams.
- Familiarity with offering services via virtual platforms (i.e. email, text, online counselling) would be considered an asset;
- If direct virtual supports are unfamiliar then and understanding of the various forms of virtual care, as well as an understanding of clinical and privacy responsibilities would be an asset;
- Good communication, collaboration, organizations, and team-building skills.
- Experience with anger management and positive parenting skills;
- A current Vulnerable Sector Police Records Check within the last six (6) months;
- Bilingual in (French and English) is preferred;
- Experience working with the Indigenous population is an asset;
- Valid driver’s license, able to supply own vehicle, and be insurable to drive in Ontario
- In writing with your resume to HR@Pathstone.ca with “Counsellor 2 – Clinics” in the subject line
- Interviews will be scheduled as soon as possible after closing date
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
- Job posting will remain active until vacancy is filled