One (1) Permanent Full-time position
Social Worker / Registered Therapist 2
35 Hours per week
This is a mobile position. On site one day per week
(This is a unionized position)
$34.26 – $39.99 Per Hour
The Social Worker will provide services as part of the Mobile Mental Health & Addictions initiative to individuals living with mental health and addictions. The format of services includes: initial and ongoing screening and assessment, treatment planning and ongoing adjustments as required, outreach, referral and integration of required services, advocacy, potential conjoint family services, group counselling, and collaboration with other service providers.
As part of this position the social worker will provide virtual counselling/therapy support to One Stop Talk. One Stop Talk is a provincial walk in program aimed to offer children, youth and their families with immediate access to mental health support. This will be a four-hour commitment on Mondays.
Please note this is a mobile position. Tuesday to Friday the Social Worker will be working at four different sites across the Niagara Region (Pelham, Ridgeway, NOTL and Wainfleet).
- M.S.W., M.A.;
- Registered as a Social Worker with the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or Registered with the College of Psychotherapists;
- 2 years clinical experience;
- Experience and / or training in evidence-based therapeutic interventions in assessments, individual, family and group therapy, and brief solution focused treatment;
- Demonstrated ability to work co-operatively with a range of clients and negotiate effectively within a multi-disciplinary team of service providers;
- Bilingual in (French and English) is preferred;
- Experience working with the Aboriginal community is an asset;
- Good communication and organizational skills;
- A current Police Records Check within the last six (6) months;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, able to supply own vehicle, and be insurable to drive in Ontario
- Position will be mobile however will operate out of Branscombe initially, subject to change
- Incumbent will be required to travel on a daily basis providing services throughout rural communities within the Niagara Region.
- In writing with resume to email@example.com with “2023-08 SWRT 2 CASON PFT” in the subject line
- Interviews will be scheduled as soon as possible after closing date
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
- Posting will remain active until position is filled.